Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vacationing

Last week we had an awesome time at the beach at my parent's house, and my cousin was in town then too, so we got to spend time with her.  Of course, HG didnt have vacation, just Red, Little Kitty, Mini-me and I.  He took the train into town to work every day.  Then Friday we came home, I took Mini-me to get her stitches out, we packed up the motorhome and went to VT to a friend's campground for the long weekend.

Sunday morning I woke with my right eye swollen...apparently I got a spider bite in my sleep....it got to the point that if it hadn't gotten better, I would not have been able to drive.  Thankfully, it did...but it looked pretty bad in the meantime.  I didnt take a picture of it at its worst, but this is how it looked Monday night:


On Monday before we headed home, HG, Red, and I went tubing down the river next to the campground while the girls stayed with our friends and did crafts.  This was the first time I'd done anything like this...not being a strong swimmer, I borrowed a life jacket and had HG tie my tube to his.  It was really enjoyable...even the occasional ice cold splashes/washes we got, as well as the occasional bumps from rocks too close to the bottom of our butts.  Getting out at the end though was another story....I must have looked like an invalid, clinging to HG's hand and stumbling slowly out of the water, and I only fell once.

When we got home it looked like the sky was going to open up at an moment, but since the lawn was a mini-jungle, HG got right to mowing it, in case he didnt get the whole of it done, leaving me to manage the girls and start unpacking.  So I get a movie playing in the motorhome, but when I bring the first load in Mini-me was all "I come" and when inside wanted to change into a long sleeved top and jeans (and it was at least 90 out).  Little Kitty stayed put (as she usually does when a movie is on), but with Mini-me's antics there was no way I could get any unpacking done, and trying to think of what to make for dinner was making my head hurt.

Upon conferring with HG, I tried, repeatedly, to call in a pizza to be delivered, but at both places there was no one answering the phone.  (By now it was 6:30, and the girls were making noises about how hungry they were.)  HG was almost done with the lawn, so I called in a take out order at a chinese place nearby, and after he was done with the lawn, he went for it.  By the time dinner was done and the girls were both changed for bed it was almost 9, and as I was sitting down on the sofa to read them both one story, HG said to me, "I just want to tell you, you're doing really good....we've all had a long day, but you've kept your cool through all of it."  To get just how big this is, you have to understand...., HG has never given me a compliment like that...and as little as 6 months ago my doing as well as I had that day wouldn't have phased him at all...he just thought I should be doing it, and would only b*tch when I wasn't.

Our garden was in desperate need of being harvested....the broccoli, spinach, and lettuce all had lots on them, and our rose garden was so full of deadheads it took me over 30 minutes to get them all, and cut the roses to take in the house.  I finally have just one load of laundry left to wash from the trip (and what was in the hamper from before we left), and its full again, and we haven't yet mixed Mini-me's laundry in with it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment