Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RIP Mufasa




So HG and I had the talk that I'd alluded to in a previous post ( http://amithesaneone.blogspot.com/2011/07/talk.html ).  While we were on vacation we had "Fussy" boarded so that he wouldn't pee all over while we were gone.  It was kinda nice coming home to a house that didn't smell like a kennel.  My parents had watched our dog Hershey while we were gone, and when they came over to bring him back on Sunday, Dad noticed that though he loved the attention of being petted he didn't purr at all.  (This is HUGE, as he's always been purring up a storm any time he's around anyone he loves.)  He also noticed that he seemed kind of dazed.  Of course, he didn't tell me this until I was on the way to the vet with him.  HG had started to talk to the vet about it earlier today, and couldn't continue...he was crying too much, so I got the pleasant task of taking him.  When we got there and were taken to a room, I opened the top of the cat carrier so he could get out to explore if he wanted....it took more than 10 minutes for him to do so.  I was also petting him most of the time we were there (I stayed through the time the first injection made him sleepy but left before they gave him the overdose of anesthesia), and as Dad had said, he never purred.

No comments:

Post a Comment