Thursday, August 4, 2011

Attitude Adjustments

My Mom sells Mary Kay.  The reason I tell you this is because she is now a team builder...she has three people that she has signed up, which is a big deal.  Monday night was a special recognition rally for her, and some family friends of ours, one of my aunts, and I all came to it as well.  (Dad was there too, to take pictures.)  In order for me to do this, HG had to get home by the time he normally leaves the office, which he did.  So I leave, not in time to get to Mom and Dad's house, then go to the meeting, but I got to the meeting before Mom and Dad did.  So I was texting HG about some things that had happened that day (namely the dance studio where we're taking ballroom dancing calling back), and he got all pissy on me and came down on me for not calling them like he'd asked me to.  Rather than taking it, getting defensive, and it starting an argument (which would have happened back a year or two ago), I just said back that I had  called and had to leave a message, and they were returning my call, as I'd expected them to back on Friday, and I told him to "lose the attitude."  He didn't read the message until some time while Mom's rally was going on, but when I called after to tell him about it, the attitude was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment