Thursday, June 23, 2011

Minime's Spill

This is how I spent my night Tuesday night....7 stitches total, 2 inside the cut and 5 to close it up.  Thank the Gods that a neighbor watched LK so she didn't have to come to ER with us.  It took over 2 hours for a room to be available for us, and another hour to get the suturing done!  Am also thankful for our unlimited texting and data plans...the battery on my phone almost died from all the calling and texting HG and I were doing.  This picture was taken to show him what it looked like.  Minime was really good...she only screamed bloody murder twice (once during the shot of Novocaine and the other in the midst of stitching), only fought my holding her hands once (when she was getting the shot of Novocaine) and didn't fight the nurse holding her head. The whole time of the procedure I was singing to her to help calm her, and the doctor and nurse commented several times what a good girl she was.   As soon as they finished stitching her up, she was all, "Lets go Mom"...and since then has only complained of pain from her boo boo twice.  The first time I gave her some ibuprofen, but the second time she wanted nothing to do with it!


The moral of this story...don't let your kids stand on the toilet seat with socks on!  (I was getting the floss ready to floss her teeth when she fell and hit her chin on I'm guessing the toilet paper holder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment