Monday, July 25, 2011

The Talk

I just told HG that we needed to have "the talk" about our older cat, who's name is Mufasa, but we call Fussy.


This picture ws taken 6 years ago.  Four times in the past week (the last being this morning) he has peed in the dog's bed in our bedroom, necessitating its washing.  He had never done this at all until a couple weeks ago.  He also pukes with regularity...and is on thyroid medication for under active thyroid, which he's been on for a month now.  So this can't be a side effect of the medication.  For now we're shutting the cats out of our room.

HG just emailed me a link to what to do concerning old cat litter box problems...maybe we'll try that first.  I told him that he needed to tell Red to prepare him, as he had just lost a dog he and his bio mom had.  I've also told the girls that Fussy may soon be in heaven like Momma Kitty, and LK asked if he was gonna be her pet, and I said sure...she seemed to accept that.

HG has had Fussy for over 10 years, and got him when Red's bio mom was looking for someone to take her friend's cat, so we have no way of knowing how old he is.  We recently had his teeth cleaned, and he had to have 2 teeth pulled, as they were destroying themselves.  HG and Red are really attached to him.  As far as I'm concerned, I don't think I'll miss him when he goes.  Sounds heartless, I know...but Ive never forgiven him for something he did.  When I moved in here, I had a beautiful calico cat, named Belle.


This is a picture of her the day after I got her, and I loved her to death.  I don't know if Fussy never accepted her, or he was just being a typical clown cat.  Whatever the reason, he wasn't giving her the space she needed, and she was extremely unhappy here.  She was losing weight, and for her sake I decided the best thing was to re home her, even though I'd gotten her only a year before.  Ive been in contact with her new owner, and she is really happy where she is now.  I searched through my email for pictures of her now...I know her new owner had sent me some...but they've disappeared into cyberspace, apparently.  She's much heavier than she was even in this picture, and she was acting like a queen of her domain (which of course she is).  So even though she's happier, I've never forgiven Fussy for causing her the distress that led to her re homing.

After looking at the email HG sent, I asked if we were going to be doing one of the things it talked about, and he's replied that there are options.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment